Here at The Center for Vision Development, Austin Vision Therapy, we believe each patient is more than just a pair of eyes. Each and every person that walks in our door is viewed as a whole person. We believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy visual system. Along with our vision therapy program, we discuss a healthy diet in order to achieve maximum results. Having proper nutrition can assist children’s relaxation and focus while completing schoolwork. A healthy diet is also important for traumatic brain injury patients in order to promote neurological nutrition and healing of the brain.
The gastrointestinal system is essential to overall body health. It is our “second brain.” Everyone can benefit from supplements to enhance even the healthiest meal plan. It’s best if you supplement with food rather than synthetic vitamins. Some of the most powerful foods on the earth are called superfruits. Superfruits are grown naturally and harvested for their numerous benefits including antioxidants, fiber, minerals and vitamins. These include:
- Noni- “The Ultimate Digestive Bitter”
- supports a healthy immune system by aiding in natural detoxification and overall digestive health
- Acai- “The Beauty Berry”
- supports healthy hair, skin and nails
- holds anti-aging properties
- supports a clean digestive system to enhance optimal function
- Goji- “The Vision Berry”
- rich in eye-protective nutrients and antioxidants such as zeaxanthin
- provides maintenance for retinal cell health
- also supports a healthy mood and helps alleviate depression
- Mangosteen- “The Queen of Fruits”
- promotes a healthy immune system, such as controlling pain and inflammation
- enhances the body’s ability to reduce histamine reactions that cause allergy and sinus issues
These superfruits help the body achieve and maintain an overall sense of well-being and support ocular health. These fruits can be taken alone or mixed in smoothies in order to provide a boost throughout the day. We believe Austin eye care starts with overall health care.